A few weeks ago my mother-in-law took a 7th grade teaching job in Florence, AZ. Last night I was talking to her about her class and she was telling me about some of the crazy things the 7th graders were trying to pull; all of them brought me back to my 7th grade year. Why was I so horrible? One thing she mentioned that bothered me was the lack of dictionaries at her school. She had given an vocabulary assignment to her kids and a lot of them mentioned that they didn't have a computer or dictionary at home to look up the words and the classroom only had 2 dictionaries so most of them didn't get a turn to use it. My mother-in-law (Allene) said she told the principal that they needed more. The principal said they couldn't afford to give her a set because of the massive budget cuts. I think every classroom should have more than 2 dictionaries in their classroom. If any of you have any extra dictionaries that you don't mind giving away please let me know 480-678-2548.

No comments:

counter