LIVING WITHIN OUR MEANS

At this time the media brings us daily news of more home foreclosures, companies filing for bankruptcy and higher unemployment rates. These are the times that I thank my Heavanly Father for blessing me; blessing me with Prophets who have been teaching us for years to prepare for these days, parents who have shown me that living beyond your means will only bring you short term happiness.

“If there is any one thing that will bring peace and contentment into the human heart, and into the family, it is to live within our means. And if there is any one thing that is grinding and discouraging and disheartening, it is to have debts and obligations that one cannot meet.” ( Gospel Standards, comp. G. Homer Durham [1941], 111.)

1 comment:

Vonney said...

My sister and I were just talking about this same thing this weekend. I need to start buying more food storage!

counter